Thursday 29 December 2016

Last WOW for 2016

Hi everyone,
Hope you are all having a wonderful festive season and spending time with your loved ones.
Have had a busy few of weeks between the Christmas get togethers with quilty friends and then Christmas day spent with good friends as having no family here in Whangarei ourselves it is wonderful to be part of their family on Christmas day.

Quilt wise I have been working on my oriental wall hanging, second embroidery based panel is finished.

 
Only 9" wide without the border I'm happy overall with how this has turned out but slightly disappointed with my big waterlily. The main petals all look as they should but I placed the center too low so added two more petals to cover part of the center and try and lift it. I got more depth but still seemed a little out of balance with one very long petal.


Feeling better now.
 I stitched an extra petal line on the long petal and coloured it darker with pencils.


Love how the bird turned out. Spent ages moving my bird body around on the fabric until I found the perfect tail to go with his wings.

Third panel is the same size as number two, have combined a couple of patterns for it as I wanted to use a willow tree from one pattern but didn't like the ducks it had in the foreground so found another that had a bird and butterfly.


Used three shades of green and a machine embroidery stitch for my willow leaves creating the branches as I travelled along the lines between my leaves.




Used the digitised butterfly fabric for my wings, love the effect.


Lighter flowers than in the first panel.


This is how I envisage the panels placement within the hanging.

The only other thing I have done is to finish my thread painted picture of Gracie.


Stitched her collar and added a bit more stitching to a few areas.
Thrilled with how she looks now.

Linking now to Esther's WOW so wishing everyone a happy and prosperous 2017

Cheers Jenny





1 comment:

  1. wow! your embroidered wall hangings are just beautiful! I love the wings of the bird.

    ReplyDelete