Thursday 7 March 2013

Late Post for WOW 6th March

Thursday here but think Esther's link might still be open, hope so anyway.
Has been a busy week as Steve kept bringing me produce from the garden so have been making pickles  and relishes so it doesn't go to waste.



Not a huge quantity as I use a hot pot not a preserving pan, but there is only the 2 of us and we've already given some away.
My crowning glory was my first attempt at Grape Jelly from green grapes. After I had mushed and boiled them and let them strain overnight I had this horrible grey/green cloudy juice and thought throw it out, we can never eat that, but I carried on and WOW


Beautifully clear, apart from the lemon zest I couldn't resist adding, not in the recipe only lemon juice and such a pretty golden colour. There was lots of scum that I diligently skimmed and it has set beautifully and tastes delicious!!!

Have finished my Pomegranate quilt top, need my next days off to quilt it and add beads to the open flower center. Had just enough fabric to cut all my leaves as each half  had to be cut from opposing swirls in the fabric.


And yesterday and today has been Esther's miniature wall hanging Easter Blessings.
It is a lovely pattern, thanks so much Esther.
I was going to enlarge the pattern but then thought I have never made a miniature so why not start now.


The heart's are the first applique as I got so carried away with my leaf stitch I also used it for my buds, but double stitched them, out and then back which has made them nice and plump, couldn't resist adding extra petals to the bottom left as so much fun. Then experimented and reduced my stitch width and stitched 6 slightly overlapping petals for my flowers.
The details of this leaf stitch are under my photo on Esther's Yahoo BOM group.

Finally, much to my delight my prize for Heart's Desire turned up in the mail on Tuesday.
4 fat quarters of handdyed fabric from pale blue to purple.


Thanks so much Michele at quiltinggallery.com they are lovely.

That's it for this week time to go back to Easter Blessings.
Cheer's Everyone
Jenny

2 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh that pomegranate quilt is just gorgeous. Love the leaf fabric and the reds are perfect. Great job.
    Bunny

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jenny, Just popped in for a visit - Isn't it nice when your Jelly comes out perfect! Nothing beats home-made!!! - Cheers.

    ReplyDelete